Friday, February 24

Mixed Media Canvas

Every now and then I get in the mood to make a mess! By the end of this mixed media canvas I had dried glue stuck to my desk, wads of masking tape on the floor, green fingers and a scattering of tiny flowers over just about everything. Despite the mess, I quite enjoy the process of creating these canvases. You don't have to worry too much about being precise, a slip, slop, slap approach is perfectly acceptable... although I can't guarantee the outcome!

GATHER ALL THE BITS AND PIECES

PREPARE THE CANVAS WITH LOTS OF TEXTURE

ADD MORE TEXTURE WITH CHIPBOARD, FLOWERS, METAL, ETC.

WHEN THE GLUE IS DRY, COVER EVERYTHING WITH A COAT OF GESSO

GO CRAZY WITH SPRITZES, SPRAYS AND PAINTS - MY FAVOURITE PART

BRING IT ALL TOGETHER AGAIN WITH A TOP COAT OF GESSO

ADD SOME SPOTS OF LIQUID PEARLS, A TOUCH OF GOLD PAINT, ETC.

10 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the process, B!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful canvas, love the textures and colours.

Swissie said...

Wonderful, Beccy!
Hugs, Liv xx

Olga Fink said...

Fantastic Beccy!
xoxo Olga

Teresa said...

Wow!

terrie said...

well done...no matter what the mess was this turned out really nice....tfs

cardchick's world said...

I'm days behind reading my emails...sorry
YOUR CANVAS IS FABULOUS!!! BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!! LUV IT!!!

Borqna said...

Wonderful, Beccy!
Thanks for sharing the process!
Blessings

Unknown said...

wow I love it, thank you for sharing