Wednesday, July 29

Tutorial - Stacked Triple Easel Card


Stacked triple easel cards are created from three individual easel cards secured one on top of the other creating a cascade effect.  Although most of the examples I've seen use three cards that are proportionately bigger than the one before, there's really no reason you couldn't create one using three of the same sized card.
 
 
1.  Start by cutting out three card bases of different sizes for your easel cards.  I used nesting dies but you can simply create squares or rectangles if you prefer.  You will also need an additional single piece in the same size and shape as each card.  (If you've never made an easel card before, please have a look at these instructions first.)

 
2.  Fold the front of each card in half, pressing firmly on the crease to get a nice crisp line.

 
3.  Stamp and colour the three card pieces as desired.  These will form the front panels for each easel card.  I used a beautiful Flourishes sunflower stamp set and coloured the images with Prismacolor pencils.

 
4.  Apply adhesive to the bottom section of the folded card front as shown in the photo below.  Secure the decorated piece to the adhesive to form an easel card.  Do this for each of the three cards.

 
5.  Open out the largest card and place it flat on your desk.  The medium card is going to be secured inside the large card with some double sided tape.  Make sure you measure and mark the placement before adding adhesive.

 
6.  Secure the middle sized card to the inside of the large card.  I used a centring ruler to line up my cards neatly.  I opted to place the middle sized card about half way down the large card.  The middle sized card will now act as the anchor point to hold the large card open.

 
7.  Repeat the process with the small card.

 
8.  Now you will need to add a dimensional embellishment of some kind to the inside of the smallest card so it has an anchor point to hold it open.  As you can see, I stamped some more of the little ladybugs and adhered them with foam tape.

 
9.  You can now fold your card up, ready for posting!

10 comments:

Myrna said...

What a beautiful card and the instructions were so easy to follow.
Thank you.
Myrna

Myrna said...

P.S.
While I have been a follower for some time I have never taken the time to look at all your techniques. Boy was I ever happy today to discover your tutorial on dry embossing Feb. 16, 2013 !!! Reminded me how to do the diamond embossing with the score board which I wanted to do on a card but couldn't remember how.
Thank you sooooo much for all your hard work and sharing with us.
Myrna

loz said...

This is amazing Beccy. Thanks for the tutorial. I will be having a go at this..Loz

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful Thank you for the TT....................Lis

cardchick's world said...

LUV LUV your coloring and the tutorial is fabulous!!! thank you sooo much for sharing your talent with us!!!

Mel C said...

Wow, beautiful card Beccy, thanks for the tutorial!

Angela Westland Australia said...

This is awesome Beccy I have done one for a blog hop I was involved in , would love to share it with you. Angexx

Beccy said...

Hi Angela,
I'll pop over to your blog and have a look.
Cheers,
Beccy

Anubhuti Sharma said...

Beccy...

I'm from India and I am a fan of your work...
Your work is neat and very creative.. Thanks for inspiring us here miles away...

Cheers,

Anubhuti
A tiny budding craftster <3 <3